Best BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) in Malaysia at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The Internet of Things (IoT) is predicted to have an economic impact of more than $11 trillion by 2025. IBM, a global innovation leader in Internet of Things, is working to accelerate the development of cognitive IoT solutions and services in order to help clients and partners make sense of the growing volume and variety of data in a physical world that is rapidly becoming digitized. IBM has partnered with Asia Pacific University (APU) to set up the first Internet of Things (IoT) Center of Excellence.
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) degree course. With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Internet of Things (IoT) degree at Asia Pacific University. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Computer Science with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) Offers the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) in Malaysia
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT). Students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study information technology so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT.
The BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- The knowledge to design, engineer, and develop IoT- based solutions using various platforms in a broader and vendor neutral perspective.
- An understanding of important insights on sensor devices, internet based technologies, wireless communications, and cloud computing.
IBM’s Internet of Things (IoT) Center of Excellence at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Malaysia’s premier education institution, Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) announced the establishment of an Internet of Things (IoT) Center of Excellence to develop, facilitate and promote IoT education by leveraging IBM Watson IoT platform.
This first of its kind IoT Center of Excellence in Malaysia will further extend the power of cognitive computing to the billions of connected devices, sensors and systems that comprise the IoT.
APU will develop, facilitate and promote IoT education though its state-of-the-art cloud-based IoT infrastructure used by students, researchers and faculty members. APU faculty and students will be able to develop IoT apps, products and services using the IBM Watson IoT Platform, which securely connects devices to applications using cloud-based services and rich analytics. This includes:
Assistance in IBM Watson IoT courses being taught at APU by providing the educators’ guide, labs, tutorials and other supporting resources to assist with the IoT curriculum;
IBM-led Watson IoT hands-on workshops to students and faculty as needed to build in-demand IoT skills; and
Extended Bluemix trial to help students and faculty become proficient with IBM Watson IoT.
IBM will also provide relevant IoT resources, training the trainers and assistance in building a workforce with high-demand IoT skills. This will also equip APU with current expertise and knowledge in line with the latest IT industry requirements, as well as prepare students to meet future industry requirements.
APU has a long-standing collaboration with IBM. In 2011, APU signed an agreement with IBM to embed IBM Rational software in its IT courses. The university’s lecturers and students leveraged IBM Rational to design, develop and test software. In May 2015, IBM Malaysia and APU announced an academic collaboration to develop the next generation of technology savvy graduates through the sharing of skills, best practices and knowledge. Under this memorandum of understanding, APU expanded the scope of the curriculum to include IBM technologies in mobile application design and development, cloud computing, analytics and security.
The collaboration between academicians at APU and industry professional at IBM will ensure that APU graduates are equipped with up-to-date skills and knowledge to excel in the IT industry.
IBM Malaysia & APU works hand-in-hand to deliver up-to-date course materials and learning support to nurture next generation of IT professionals.
What are the Entry Requirements for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU):
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the “Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)” published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases.
Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of programming and Internet of Things (IoT). The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Programming with Python
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to IoT
Year 2 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of the broad range of Internet of Things technologies, which include networking, systems programming and security.
They will gain solid understanding of IoT as an enabler for an organisation. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- System Programming & Computer Control
- Network Security
- LoWPAN & Ad-hoc Networking
- Enterprise Internet of Things
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
Year 3 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT) programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of Internet of Things (IoT) and to refine their personal and professional development.
Students will move further into the frameworks and planning techniques for strategic management of cloud-based IoT systems in organisations.
A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Developing IoT Applications
- Computer Systems Management
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- HCI & Usability
- Investigations in Internet of Things
- Internet of Things Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Internet of Things:
- Microcontroller Programmer
- Machine Learning Programmer
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Embedded Device Developer
- Data Scientist
- Network Developers
- Mobile Application Developer
- Web Developer
- Big Data Analysts
- Technology Consultant
- Web Development Engineer
- Project Manager – IoT
- IoT Innovation Manager
- IoT Software Developer
- Infrastructure and Test Engineer