Study at the Best Private Colleges & Universities for Diploma Culinary Arts Diploma in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
- Study your Diploma in Culinary Arts that’s accredited by MQA and a top private college recognised by Ministry of Education Malaysia
- Choosing to study at a top private university or college for the Diploma in Culinary Arts in Malaysia will help equip you with the necessary skills in using high end kitchen equipment and cooking techniques so that you will be job ready for top restaurants & 5-star hotels.
A recognised culinary arts diploma from a top private college or university in Malaysia will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to work in high end kitchens of the top restaurants and hotels in the world. At a top private college or university, you will have experience in using industry grade kitchen equipment so that when you start work at the 5-star hotel kitchens you know how to use them immediately. And this is why you are paying such high fees for an education in the diploma in culinary arts. Choosing the cheapest academy or college for your culinary arts diploma may not be the wisest choice as you will not have the knowledge and skills and will suffer for the next 50 years of your work life.
The Culinary Arts Diploma is a very practical courses combined with academic knowledge to provide graduates a structured learning experience for a successful career. Everyone loves to eat good food, and the job opportunities for top chefs abound for graduates in Malaysia. Choosing to study at a top private university or college for culinary arts in Malaysia will help equip you with the necessary skills in using high end kitchen equipment and cooking techniques. Furthermore, they expose you to a world class working environment so that you would be job ready.
The culinary industry is ideal for students who possess a flair for creativity, desire to please peoples’ palates, provide solutions, able to handle pressure, entrepreneurs and a passion for cooking. Malaysians have a love affair with the culinary world. As Malaysians become more affluent, our taste buds become more sophisticated with a ravenous desire to consume more exotic dishes.
All of these restaurants depend on chefs and cooks to create delicious food for their customers to enjoy. Some chefs achieve fame, celebrity, and great fortunes through their unique flavour culinary achievements. If you want to be one of these people, choosing to study culinary arts at a top private college or university in Malaysia is probably the best step you could take.
You may also be interested to read:
- Top 5 Culinary Schools in Malaysia
- What you will Study Diploma in Culinary Arts at the Best Universities in Malaysia
- Choose to Study the Best Diploma in Culinary Arts Courses in Malaysia for Excellent Job Opportunities
- Best in Malaysia for Diploma in Culinary Arts – Choosing a Top University or College
- Top Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Culinary Arts & Baking
- Best Cooking Culinary Courses at Top Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Begin an Incredible Career as a Chef with a Culinary Arts Degree from Top Culinary Schools in Malaysia
- Top 3 Private Universities in Malaysia to Study Culinary Arts Degree
- Best in Malaysia for Culinary Arts Degree Course – Choosing a Top University or College
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for Culinary Arts & Patisserie Programmes in Malaysia
Top private universities & colleges in Malaysia for Culinary Arts diploma programmes are
- Taylor’s University
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie
- Sunway University
- Berjaya University College
- YTL International College of Hospitality Management
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Penang
Education Pathway into the Diploma in Culinary Arts after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels in Malaysia
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels with a minimum of 3 credits can go for the Diploma in Culinary Arts for 2 years before entering into Year 2 of the Degree programme for another 2 years. The 3 credits can be in any subject and SPM students must also have a Pass in BM and Sejarah.
Studying Culinary Arts at Leading Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia
Most culinary art schools in Malaysia teach a variety of cuisines and preparation techniques. Instruction ranges from the fancy haute French style cuisine to Italian style cuisine or Asian fusion styles.
This is perhaps the greatest strength of Malaysian cuisine: so many diverse backgrounds and foods come together in the kitchens and restaurants of Malaysia.
At the best colleges for culinary arts in Malaysia you’ll be taught how to make mouthwatering food, and how to combine this with the business side of managing a restaurant. You will find that the culinary, hospitality and tourism industries possess high job prospects for graduates with the boom in tourism and increase in affluence of society.
Budget airlines and low hotel rates through Internet booking supported by the Malaysian government’s push for tourism have increased the public awareness and motivation to travel. Therefore, the job prospects for the various areas of culinary arts are very positive not only locally but globally.
Choose Top Private Colleges & Universities that are Recognised and the Diploma in Culinary Arts that’s Accredited by MQA
Many students in Malaysia make the mistake of choosing to study at the cheapest colleges, universities or academies for culinary arts without checking to make sure that the course is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Diploma in Culinary Arts courses that are accredited by MQA can continue on to degree courses at universities in Malaysia and also overseas. Students who choose “Diploma in Culinary Arts” courses that some academies promote that are from UK or USA are not accredited nor recognised. You cannot continue on to degree programmes in other universities in Malaysia or overseas. In addition, when you go to work, your salary will be lower as it is not recognised nor will you get promoted easily.
The culinary arts courses at these academies are vocational programmes for students without any credits in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels. Therefore, if you have at least 3Cs in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, you should go for a diploma in culinary arts course that’s accredited by MQA even if the fees are more expensive. The higher fees means you are paying for the facilities.
Who should study Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Tourism in Malaysia
The culinary, hospitality, tourism and services management industries are ideal for people who enjoy experiential learning and being able to apply their knowledge gained immediately to practice. They are people who:
- Love to cook
- Enjoy meeting new and exciting people
- Enjoy traveling and entertainment
- Are creative thinkers
- Are hands-on workers
- Are critical thinkers
- Are service oriented
- Provide quick and creative solutions to different kinds of challenges
- Enjoy being a part of a exciting environment
- Work in flexible hours
- Love to explore new and different cultures
Plus points for qualified chefs in Malaysia
- Able to travel round the world
- Able to obtain jobs worldwide easily
- Able to get extra points in the application for Permanent Residency (PR) status in certain countries like Australia, UK, USA or Europe
- Able to network with people from all levels
Nature of the work for chefs in Malaysia
- Long hours
- Weekend work may be required
- High pressure at peak periods
- Service oriented – provide a high level of services
- Customer emphasis – able to cater and adapt customer’s needs and requests
- Dynamic – on-the-go
- Able to adapt to changes and stress
It is important to choose a culinary arts college in Malaysia that has years of experience or that can provide you with excellent exposure to the industry. The best colleges in Malaysia in culinary arts can help prepare you with the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career.
The Best Diploma in Culinary Arts Course at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie
Students after SPM or O-Levels with a passion for all things culinary and have an innate interest in the creativity of food will greatly benefit from the Diploma in Culinary Arts programme at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie. This is a unique opportunity for students to learn how to use the freshest ingredients to create sumptuous gourmet dishes that are worthy of the world’s finest restaurants.
Students are also exposed to Molecular Cuisine, a first-of-its-kind for a culinary diploma in Malaysia. Not only that, students are taught by award-winning chefs, with 75% of the course based on practical trainings in various aspects of the culinary field.
In this programme, students also have the option of obtaining a parchment from IMI University Centre, Switzerland.
At UOWM KDU, students will find the blend of true hospitality, tourism and culinary subjects taught in specialised facilities that mirror state-of-the-art, real world environments. Our range of programmes ensure that students emerge as excellent, well-rounded graduates, armed with a combination of knowledge and skills that are in high demand with employers.
Together with lecturers who carry both industry and academic experiences, we constantly push boundaries to ensure our students learn from the best.
UOWM KDU is the only institution to offer molecular cooking as a compulsory subject in our culinary programmes, in addition to launching the first-ever culinary book that applies molecular cooking techniques in Malaysian recipes. UOWM KDU is also no stranger to the competitive culinary scene, with lecturers and students excelling in competitions both locally and internationally.
UOWM KDU is also internationally recognised, garnering the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education as well as accreditation from The International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) as an Associate Member.
96% EMPLOYED UPON GRADUATION
Upon graduation, our students are employed in renowned hotels and service related industries, with 30% obtaining employment overseas.
PRACTICAL PROGRAMMES FOR THE REAL WORLD
Our programmes are taught by the best in the industry with more than 50% of our curriculum emphasising hands-on practice In addition, our Industry Advisory Board is made up of top-tier management from the industry.
13 kitchens cover 65,000sf with ample space for niche studies in molecular gastronomy, wine, chocolate and coffee, and charcuterie. There are also realistic mock hospitality training facilities, as well as student-run restaurants.
INTERNATIONAL RESIDENT AND STUDENT-EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
Students at degree level have the option of participating in a 2-week resident programme at IMI University Centre (Switzerland), as well as a student-exchange programme in France at local fee.
Outstanding Diploma in Culinary Arts at Taylor’s University
Dual recognition and certification by Académie de Toulouse (ADT), France and Taylor’s University. Upon graduation, Taylor’s graduates will receive the Baccalauréat Professionnel Restauration – Cuisine (BacPro) from Académie de Toulouse (ADT), France and the Diploma in Culinary Arts from Taylor’s University.
The 2-year Diploma in Culinary Arts programme at Taylor’s University is designed to equip students who wish to pursue culinary arts with fundamental skills in culinary arts and strong product knowledge, as well as the ability to perform and organise food production.
Unlike a culinary arts academy, our curriculum focuses on the areas of culinary, pastry as well as culinary management. Taylor’s University students are trained to develop a high degree of professionalism during the culinary arts course, focusing on quality of the food.
Focus on Food Preparation and Food Service
- Equipped with technical skills in kitchen setup and organisation, food product knowledge, patisserie and artistic skills.
- Exposure to different cooking techniques in Western and Asian cuisine, training students to be experts in the field of hot cooking, pastry, baking as well as butchery and garde manger.
- Trained to achieve a high degree of professionalism and to focus on the quality of the product and customers’ expectations.
Flexible Further Study Options
- Taylor’s Diploma in Culinary Arts students can progress into the Bachelor of Science (Hons) Culinology® or Advanced Diploma in Patisserie and Gastronomic Cuisine; or gain advanced standing into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management (Hons) or Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons).
- 16-week internship in the kitchen and restaurants to develop practical and relevant skills.
Top Diploma in Culinary Arts Programme at Berjaya University College of Hospitality
This unique skills-driven programme takes you through key stages of classical and international cuisine preparation, garde manger, butchery, patisserie and bakery.
At the same time, you will learn to develop your professionalism in producing world class cuisine.
Why Choose the Diploma in Culinary Arts programme at Berjaya University College of Hospitality?
You will gain valuable insights into the industry’s latest trends and skills to create consumable masterpieces. This combination will make you a much sought-after professional in this industry. Furthermore, the strong networks garnered by the school will also give you an extra edge in your future career.
While mastering the culinary techniques, you will also learn entrepreneurial concepts to help you launch your own business, explore career options and participate in work-based learning experiences (internships).
What to expect from the Diploma in Culinary Arts programme at Berjaya University College of Hospitality?
The Diploma in Culinary Arts programme at Berjaya University College of Hospitality will enhance your supervisory, technical and personal skills. It will also broaden your mind-set to ‘think out of the box’, as communication and problem-solving skills are essential in the culinary arts industry.
The culinary arts programme begins with an orientation level course where you are introduced to topics such as basic culinary, kitchen hygiene, nutrition, baking, pastry, kitchen layout and design. After mastering the basics, the programme will then focus on advanced-level food preparation which includes, cooking and plating whole dishes and pastries to perfection.
YTL International College of Hotel Management (YTL-ICHM) Diploma in Culinary Arts
YTL-ICHM Diploma in Culinary Arts is the program of study for you. We provides supportive atmosphere that represent the real- culinary world.
You’ll work in industry-equipped kitchens and tools and learn alongside the industrial experts of the culinary who share their real-world experience; guiding you to develop your skills and creativity.
Learning first hand from industry experts and being located within a fully operating hotel, our campus is turned into a “live classroom”. Industry placements, an integral part to our syllabus, are courtesy of their affiliated YTL Hotels & Properties.
Jobs are also assured upon graduation at the affiliated YTL Hotels & Properties.
List of YTL Properties
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel
- Brisbane Marriott Hotel
- Niseko Village, Hokkaido
- Hilton Niseko Village
- The Green Leaf Niseko Village
- Kasara Niseko Village Townhouse
- The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- The Residences at the Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur
- Pangkor Laut Resort
- Muse Pangkor Laut Estates
- Tanjong Jara Resort
- Cameron Highlands Resort
- Gaya Island Resort
- The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Majestic Malacca
- Vistana Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Vistana Hotel Kuantan
- Vistana Hotel Penang
- STARHILL GALLERY
- LOT 10 Mall
Other Asia Countries
- Swatch Art Peace Hotel, Shanghai, China
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, Indonesia
- The Surin, Phuket, Thailand
- Muse Saint-Tropez, France
- Muse Bray Cottages, United Kingdom
- Muse Casa Marbella, Spain
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa Hotel