Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for the Best Foundation in Business or Foundation in Commerce Course
Getting a business degree from a top private university is an excellent way to enter a career in any business environment in Malaysia or globally. A solid Foundation in Business Administration prepares you to choose the right business course as well as to handle the rigours of degree studies. It’s business focus will allow you to acquire all the knowledge and skills necessary in contrast to a general Pre-University course.
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels who have decided to go for a Business Degree at a top private university in Malaysia, it would be better to take a Foundation in Business or Foundation in Commerce instead of taking tough external pre-university courses like A-Levels, Canadian Pre-U or Australian Matriculation.
A Foundation in Business Administration is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at private universities in Malaysia. A Foundation in Commerce Course at a top private university in Malaysia will take 1 year to complete before you continue on to a business degree programme. After the Foundation in Business, you can choose to study degree programmes in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Finance & Investment, Marketing, Human Resource Management and more.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Business or Management Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. It prepares you for the world of business, and to start your career with highly relevant and marketable skills demanded by corporations in the business sector.
You may also be interested in:
- Best Diploma in Business Administration Courses in Malaysia
- What Students Must Know About the Diploma in Business Courses offered at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Top 10 Universities in Malaysia Best Business Administration Diploma Course
- Top 10 Business Courses with Future High Job Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Top Business Schools at Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- 13 Top Technology Courses Malaysians Must Study to Land Jobs of the Future
- Top 50 Jobs with High Future Demand in Malaysia
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Study Courses that has High Job Demand in Malaysia
- Top 10 Degree Courses in Malaysia with Highest Starting Salaries
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Business Foundation Programmes
A Foundation in Business is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at top private universities in Malaysia. Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of pursuing a Business degree should go for the Foundation in Commerce programme to prepare themselves well in addition to studying the subjects that they are interested in.
After completing the Foundation in Business, you can either continue on to the degree course at the same university or transfer to another university. In order to transfer to another university you would need to provide the documents for them to evaluate for exemptions.
Why Study Foundation in Business at a Top Private University in Malaysia
A Foundation in Business is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at private universities in Malaysia. Here are some of the reasons why you should take a Foundation in Business at a top private university in Malaysia.
By taking a Foundation in Business, you will be exposed to various Business topics, such as Accounting, Management, Economics and Marketing. This is advantageous as it will help give you an idea of what to study for your degree if you are still unsure.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. Do not choose the Foundation in Business because it is the cheapest. It may not prepare you well to handle the degree programme.
What are the General Entry Requirements into a Foundation in Business at Top Private Universities in Malaysia?
Entry requirements into the Foundation in Business Administration at most private universities in Malaysia are
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at IGCCSE ‘O’ Level
- Students intending to pursue a degree in Accounting, Finance, Fintech or Actuarial Science must have a credit in Maths.
- Some universities may require a credit or pass in English
Entry requirements into top ranked universities like Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are higher
- Minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
- Actuarial Science route requires minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics together with a C in Additional Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
What Degree Courses Can I Major in After the Foundation in Business in Malaysia?
Students after the Business Foundation would consider degree programmes offered in private universities in Malaysia such as:
- Accounting & Finance
- Accounting & Finance with Internal Audit
- Accounting & Finance with Forensic Accounting
- Accounting & Finance with Taxation
- Management & Marketing
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Digital Marketing
- Finance & Investment
- Finance & Investment
- Financial Technology (Fintech)
- FOREX & Investment
- Investment & Risk Management
- International Business
- International Business Management
- Entrepreneurship & Marketing
- Finance & Marketing
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Media Marketing
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Branding & Advertising
A Foundation in Business focuses on business-related topics by focusing on specific subjects related to these various majors in Business.
What will I Study in the Foundation in Business Programme in Malaysia?
A Foundation in Business at top private universities in Malaysia would be 12-months in duration. It is divided into 3 semesters. They would be 3 long semesters which are 14 weeks long.
Unlike how A-Level and SAM are administered by a central body (Cambridge or EdExcel administers the A-Levels and the South Australian education board administers SAM), a Foundation in Business is administered by the private university itself.
Assessments are a mixture of coursework, assignments and exams. It is generally accepted that the Foundation course is easier than the external Pre-University programmes. Quality of the Foundation in Business programmes are assured with the accreditation from MQA.
Students who have completed the Foundation in Business may transfer to other private universities in Malaysia for their degree programmes.
What are the Subjects offered in the Foundation in Business in Malaysia?
Subjects offered by Foundation in Business courses are related to business subjects so that it would prepare you for the undergraduate degree in business. Some universities offer both core and elective subjects (which means you get to choose some of your subjects), while some universities only have fixed subjects.
You will study subjects like:
- IT, and more.
The Malaysian Ministry of Education also requires students to take compulsory subjects called the Matapelajaran Wajib or MPU. Students have to take 3 MPU subjects during their Foundation.
How is the Foundation in Business Assessed at Private Universities?
The Foundation in Business is in a continuous assessment mode which is a mix of Assignments and Examinations.
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
- Oral assessment
- Quizzes and Tests
- Examination each semester
Methods of Delivery
- Field visits (e.g. business organisations, universities, non-governmental organisations, government-related corporations, etc.)
- Scenario-based learning
- Guest lecture series (prominent speakers from the industry and academic institutions)
- Interactive learning
Which are the Top Private Universities in Malaysia to Study Foundation in Business?
Outstanding private universities in Malaysia for the Foundation in Business Administration programmes are
- Taylor’s University
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- First City University College
- Saito University College
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are still not sure of pursuing a business degree or other arts-related degree programmes can go for the Foundation in Arts. Top private universities in Malaysia offering the best Foundation in Arts programme are