Outstanding Universities in Malaysia to Study Business Administration or Business Management Degree
A bachelor’s degree in business administration can be an effective first step in launching a career in business. In general, a bachelor’s degree in business helps you learn the foundational knowledge of business. With this information, you can then narrow down your career search to the types of companies or jobs that appeal most to you. Getting a business administration degree from a top private university is an excellent way to enter a career in any business environment in Malaysia or globally. A solid Business Administration degree programme prepares you for the world of business, and to start your career with highly relevant and marketable skills demanded by corporations in the business sector.
Business Administration or Business Management is a wide field that covers many types of management positions in a company. From major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed. A degree in Business Administration among the most sought after qualifications in today’s job market in Malaysia. Demand is strong for employees with general Business Management credentials as well as those with expertise in specialised business disciplines.
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 Business Courses with Future High Job Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Top Business Schools at Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- 13 Top Technology Courses Malaysians Must Study to Land Jobs of the Future
- Top 50 Jobs with High Future Demand in Malaysia
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Study Courses that has High Job Demand in Malaysia
- Top 10 Degree Courses in Malaysia with Highest Starting Salaries
- Top 10 Jobs in Malaysia
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia Offering Business Administration or Business Management Degree Programmes
Regarding what is likely to be the main goal in your life, studying at the top ranking university for business administration gives you numerous opportunities in your professional life. Top universities provide a high standard of education that equips you well for your future career. A business administration degree earned at a reputable university in Malaysia makes seeking employment much easier.
Outstanding private universities in Malaysia for business administration or business management degree courses are:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC)
- Monash University
- Taylors University
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Sunway University
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU Penang
- First City University College
- HELP University
- Saito University College
- HELP Academy
Please contact us at 01111408838 for advise on how to choose the right university that will fit you and for the course information.
Studying Business Administration or Business Management at a Top Private University in Malaysia
Getting a business administration degree from a top private university is an excellent way to enter a career in any business environment in Malaysia or globally. It prepares you for the world of business, and to start your career with highly relevant and marketable skills demanded by corporations in the business sector.
A Business Administration Degree prepares students to plan, organize, direct, and control the functions and processes of a company or organisation. Having gone through a business administration degree course you would have understood how businesses operates, how to develop a business, and to how to deal with the challenges from the various aspects of managing a business including:
- human resource issues
- accounting & financial issues
- marketing challenges
- strategic management
- how to use statistics
- how to incorporate information technology when making good business decisions
A business administration degree can lead to many attractive career opportunities in today’s competitive business world, and hundreds of companies are looking for highly-skilled professionals who can bring their companies to higher level of success. A bachelor degree in business administration is designed to produce graduates with a solid foundation in communication, problem solving, critical thinking and leadership skills ideal suited for the business world.
Since Business Management or Business Administration degree is general in nature and covers a wide scope, business graduates are found in a wide variety of careers and diverse industries. A good business degree will help graduates to excel and put them on a fast track to reach higher level of management in any company.
The Business Administration degree is ideal for students whose parents have their own businesses where it would eventually be passed on to them. The many different areas learnt in a business administration degree gives the student enough knowledge to handle the variety of tasks in running a business in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to go for a business degree at a top private university in Malaysia should choose the best Foundation in Business programme or Diploma in Business Administration. For assistance in choosing the best university to study business administration, please contact EduSpiral Consultant Services.
What is a Business Administration Job like in Malaysia?
A career in business in Malaysia nowadays touches on information technology, leadership dynamics and increasingly on ethics and international relationships. Many top business executives in Malaysia will get their start working in office administration or in hospitality, retail, FMCG, property, sales or operations management. Executives and administrators work in every industry, from SME’s to conglomerates with thousands of employees.
On the job, business administration professionals:
- Establish and carry out departmental or company’s goals, policies and procedures
- Direct and oversee the company’s financial and budgetary activities
- Manage general activities related to making products and providing services
- Innovate by applying new technologies in the workplace
- Consult with staff and management about operational matters
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements
- Delegate tasks to the right personnel
- Analyse financial statements, sales reports and other performance indicators
- Identify areas in the business to cut costs
- Seek ways to improve performance, policies and programmes
Some typical areas for work for business administration graduates in Malaysia include general management, hospitality management, office administration, operations management, retail management and sales management.
What career paths can I take in business administration in Malaysia?
Graduates with an associate’s degree in business qualify for entry level careers, including basic management and administrative roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations. Many find employment as management trainees or managers in the property, bank, hospitality, sales or retail industry. Others work as project assistants, office managers and technology-oriented support specialists.
Some work in their parents’ business and eventually take over to run it.
With a bachelor’s degree in business administration, you’ll qualify for an array of leadership positions and other advanced roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations.
You’ll have the option to work across industries as a business analyst, human resources generalist, operations manager or marketing specialist. Some business administration graduates also venture into entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up.
Eventually, you can work your way up to become a Chief Operating Officer (COO) of a company and oversee other executives directing their activities in the various departments, such as human resources, marketing and sales.
Or you can become a General and Operations Manager overseeing operations that are too diverse to be classified into one area of management or administration.
Responsibilities may include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. They make staff schedules, assign work, and ensure projects are completed.
Studying at the Best Universities in Malaysia for the degree in Business Administration will help you to succeed in the competitive business world
Business administration is a wide field that includes many types of management courses. From major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed. In a rapidly changing economy, new opportunities arise every day for those individuals with specific business administration knowledge and skills.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration can help you obtain those particular abilities and master the latest methods. Students should choose the Business Administration degree program where the university will equip them with the competencies employers seek.
You’ll not only be prepared to meet the challenges of a global marketplace in a wide variety of industries, you’ll hold a Business Administration degree valued by companies nationwide.
There is not a “best” university for Business Administration or Business Management degree studies in Malaysia. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals.
In oder to succeed in the competitive world of business, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia offering the Business Administration or Business Management course. These universities, with their experience, can help prepare you well and fine tune your skills.
Students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects.
What you will study in a Business Administration degree at a top private university in Malaysia?
A business school teaches its students on every aspect of running and managing a business. Business students today can expect a balanced and broad-based education that focuses on a lot more than business-related courses.
Subjects taught in a Business Administration degree in Malaysia may include:
- business accounting
- information systems
- organisational behaviour
- public relations
- strategic management
- human resource management
- quantitative methods
- business law
- managing people
- managing change
- project management
- business communication
- business ethics
- research methods
- services marketing
- retail management
- sales management
Every university in Malaysia will differ slightly in the subjects so you will need to look at the subjects to see which one fits your needs and career goals.
The Best Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Business Administration or Business Management Degree Course
Top Business Administration Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history began in 1821, when they established the world’s first Mechanics Institute (the School of Arts of Edinburgh). Find out about the history of Heriot-Watt. Heriot-Watt University is one of the UK’s leading universities for innovative education and is recognised internationally as a centre for high-calibre research.
Students in Malaysia can now get a business degree from one of the best universities in the UK. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s new state-of-the-art green campus is located in the beautiful and safe area of Putrajaya.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving students.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 369th in the world, 42nd in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age.
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked by the Guardian University Guide 2016 – 18th place Overall and 13th for Business, Management & Marketing
- In the 2016 Complete University Guide, Heriot-Watt University is 37th in the UK and is ranked in the top 25 for a further 6 subjects: Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Business & Management Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering
Premier Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business Administration UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University
The Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business Administration UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University is designed to equip students with in-depth understanding of business administration concepts and practices, which encompasses all aspects of owning and operating a business. This includes the entire spectrum from business management, to marketing of goods and services.
This Bachelor of Business programme at Taylor’s University emphasises critical thinking skills, enabling graduates to deal effectively with an increasingly complex business environment. It focuses on the performance or management of business operations and thus the making or implementing of major decisions. The elements of administration include planning, organising, staffing, directing as well as budgeting.
Ultimately, graduates will be groomed with essential knowledge and skills to manage key business functions that will drive strategy, and be prepared for executive positions as well as the ability to build businesses.
Strong Entrepreneurship and Management Focus
Exposure to business and entrepreneurship via modules such as Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Production & Operation Management, Transnational Management and Corporate Finance.
Develop essential business skills and entrepreneurial characteristics by conceiving, planning and executing business ideas under the guidance of mentors from the faculty and industry.
Diverse Choice of Electives
Elective modules in different business areas such as International Business, Finance & Marketing enable students to expand their knowledge and gain a broader education.
The Module Adoption Programme (MAP) links theory to practice by inviting industry specialists such as EY (Ernst & Young), StartupMalaysia.org and CEDAR of SME Bank to give lectures, share experiences, case studies and project to enhance students’ learning.
Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Exec Track Programme) with CIMA and KPMG for selected students.
Dynamic Internship Experience
Minimum 10-week internship exposes students to the real working environment and provides relevant skills for future employment.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
Exposure to latest industry practices and curriculum through field work, leadership workshops, forums, business simulations and scholarly updates.
Service learning through community based projects, which cultivates students’ civic responsibility and understanding of relationships between theory, practice, values and community.
Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE), UK.
Best Dual Degree UK Business Management Degree Course at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with Specialism in Digital Leadership
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
Asia Pacific University (APU) is among Malaysia’s premier Institutions of Higher Learning – this is a University where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing graduates for significant roles in business and society globally.
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993, APU has more than 9000 students from 90 countries studying in its Malaysian campus.
This gives you an opportunity to build an international network while studying as well as gain invaluable cultural insights and communication skills. More than 95% of Asia Pacific University’s graduates are employed by graduation.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter into Asia Pacific University’s flexible Foundation – Business, IT or Engineering pathways and then into the Business Administration degree. Another pathway is to take the Diploma in Business Administration for 2 years and then enter into Year 2 of the Business Administration degree for another 2 years.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Business Degree Majoring in Marketing, Logistics, Entrepreneurship & Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) from the University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
With business environment and intertwining economies becoming more complex day by day, interdisciplinary knowledge is no longer just an advantage, but a necessity to address the aggressive business needs of today. The Bachelor of Business (Hons) program from the University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU addresses this by equipping students with a general business degree, as well as interdisciplinary knowledge and skills in specialised subjects through 5 key business areas, allowing them the freedom to tailor their degree according to their interests in the specific areas of the business world.
This 3 year course equips the students to get a strong understanding of business principles and core business skills which will help them to choose their major in specific areas like:
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Additionally, you get the benefit of gaining multiple industry insights with UOWM KDU expert lecturers who have knowledge of working in various sectors.
Gain industry insights with UOWM KDU industry-experienced lecturers.
Exemptions for the Bachelor of Business (Hons) programme University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be granted exemptions from the following recognised professional body:
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – Exempted from 4 CIMA papers and to take the balance 12 papers to complete the professional qualification.
Study the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business Management at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College, Batu Kawan
Studying Business Management at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College, Batu Kawan gives a deep insight of the organisations operations, quality, marketing and strategy. These skills are necessary to gain employment in most global organisations where deadlines are tight, and answers are needed quickly through information that is driven by data. You’ll acquire the skills to make professional presentations with confidence and the ability to eventually manage effectively. Students on this program can elect to study the whole program in Malaysia or spend 1.5 years in Australia.
Business management refers to the organizing, planning and analyzing aspect of running a business effectively. In a business management course, you will learn how to make an organization successful in a competitive environment.
You will also learn the skills and knowledge that are important to advance businesses of all types and sizes. A business management course will not only prepare you to work for others, but also to start your own venture.
Students wanting to study at a top ranked Australian university can do so at the new Batu Kawan campus for UOWM KDU Penang.
BUSINESS STUDIES FOR LEADERS OF THE FUTURE
- Grooming Business Leaders for the Future
- Choose UOW Malaysia KDU to Develop Entrepreneurial Skills
- Students Today, Entrepreneurs Tomorrow
- Real World Education With Industry
Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya, Offers the Best Business Management Degree in Malaysia
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 5 relevant credits wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Business Management can enter the Foundation in Management courses at Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya or Melaka. Upon completion of the recognised 1-year Foundation in Management, students will continue on to the 3-year Bachelor of Business Management (Hons.) Degree. Students may choose to specialise in International Business or Entrepreneurship.
Alternatively, students with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, may enter the Diploma in Business Administration offered at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka for 2.5 years before continuing on to Year 2 of the degree programme.
Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the degree programme. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation making them the best choice for a successful career in Malaysia.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best Bachelor of Business Management (Hons.) degree in Malaysia that’s affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Management as well as the degree programmes.
First Rate Bachelor of Business Management (Hons.) Degree Course in Malaysia at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
Graduates of this three-year Bachelor of Business Management (Hons.) programme from the Faculty of Management at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya will acquire the fundamental knowledge, skills and techniques of organisational management, as well as core knowledge in the application of multimedia and ICT for strategic purposes in managing various business organisations.
The three-year Business Management programme at MMU Cyberjaya will nurture students with leadership values with an understanding of the fundamentals of operation and strategic management as well as the utilisation of technology based on identified competitiveness factors.
Career Prospects for the Graduates of the Business Management degree from MMU Cyberjaya include Executives and Managers for Human Resource Management, Business Management, Project Management, Business Development, Sales, And Education.
Multimedia University (MMU) won the “Most Entrepreneurial Private University in MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016”. MMU’s Team U-Can represented by three Faculty of Management students namely Neo Moon Wei; Alvin Sit Bo Choong; and Chong Shu Jing emerged as First Runners-Up at the Unilever Future Leaders’ League (FLL) 2016
Yasmin Ahmad Ariffin, from the Faculty of Management, Multimedia University (MMU) was the (Ernst &
Young) EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2016 Malaysia. Yasmin represented Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year international finals. Muhammad Irfan bin Abd Ghapa, was a Top 10 Finalist for 2015.
Students from the Faculty of Management, emerged Champions in the Deloitte Malaysia Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy(RICT) 2015. Six students from Faculty of Management MMU Cyberjaya emerged as second runner up in the first Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Regional Business Challenge 2015 competing against 23 other teams from four ASEAN countries. Students from Faculty of Management team also won the Tomei Group for “Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader 2.0″competition 2015.
Affordable Business Management Degree Course at First City University College
This BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College (First City UC) provides students with a broad spectrum of knowledge in business management, marketing, as well as accounting and finance. The curriculum delivers a sound understanding of contemporary issues such as globalisation and sustainability.
The duration for the BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January and September of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels in the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Business Administration at First City University College. After the 1-year affordable foundation programme, you can continue on to the 3-year business management degree programme at First City University College. The business degree programmes are dual awards by First City UC & Anglia Ruskin University.
Anglia Ruskin UniversityUK Dual Award Degree at First City University College
Anglia Ruskin University celebrated its 150 years of commitment to quality education in 2008. The University has two main
campuses, one in the centre of Cambridge, and one in Chelmsford. Both campuses have seen multi-million pound investment over the last few years and offer students state-of-the-art learning and teaching facilities.
History of Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- 1858 John Ruskin opened a School of Art in Cambridge, laying the foundation for the institution which grew to become Anglia Ruskin University.
- 1989 The Essex Institute of Higher Education and Cambridgeshire College of Arts & Technology came together to form a polytechnic.
- 1992 Became a university and changed its name from Anglia Polytechnic University (APU) to Anglia Ruskin in 2005.
Academic strengths for Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Anglia Ruskin University is in the top 20% in the country for student satisfaction on business studies (NSS 2014).
- Average graduate salary is £29,693 – well above the UK average (DLHE 2012–13).
- ARU lecturers are rated among the most enthusiastic and interesting in the country, and our courses among the most intellectually stimulating (NSS 2014).
- Anglia Ruskin University is the UK Entrepreneurial University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards, 2014) – what
better place to think about starting your own business?
- ARU students use the Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab – Bloomberg is the world’s leading platform for global business and finance news, data, analytical tools and research – to trade and invest using virtual money.
- ARU students take part in a number of competitions each year, including the Universities Business Challenge – we’ve reached the final several times and won it twice.
- The National Student Survey (NSS) 2011 showed that many students are delighted with their experience at Anglia Ruskin
- The Business Economics course achieved more than 90% satisfaction
- 90.4% of Anglia Ruskin students are in employment or further study six months after graduating, second only to Cambridge University (at 91.2%) in their region. (Source: Anglia Ruskin University’s Destination of Leavers Survey 2009–10)
First Rate Management or Business Degree Courses at HELP University
- Bachelor of Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Business(International Business)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)(Hons)
This programme will appeal to students wishing to obtain a general education in the disciplines which underlie the theory and practice of management. The degree aims to cover the analysis of a specific set of topics but also to teach an approach to the logical analysis of social and individual decision-making.
On completion of the programme, graduates will be able to look analytically and critically at management issues, develop critical skills for a wide range of real-world business and professional situations and be prepared for a career in business administration and management.
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
Bachelor of Business Management (Hons) at Saito University College
Saito was established in 1988 as a design college and eventually started their Business School in 2012. In late 2017, Saito College became Saito University College . With it came degree programs, an expanded teaching faculty and new campuses. Malaysian students interested in an affordable and yet high quality business management degree can consider Saito. Students have the opportunity to complete the degree in Malaysia and be awarded a degree from Saito or go to the University of West of England (UWE) UK for the final year and get a degree from UWE as well as Saito.
Saito Business School
Saito Business School’s mission is to educate business leaders and managers that meet the needs of the challenging world of business.
Why Study Business Management at Saito?
- Work and Study – Complete your degree at Saito on a Work & Study mode
- SAITO-UWE Degree with study abroad – Broaden your experience by spending one year in the UK
- Degrees with 2 Experiences – Complete your final year in the UWE, Bristol and earn yourself 2 degrees and gain 2 experiences
- Industry as your classroom – Our classes are conducted at our industry partner locations
- Digital Business Centre – With a start-up mind-set and digital skills equipped, change the way how business is done.