Which are the Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to Study Diploma in Multimedia Design?
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels with at least 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels may go for the Diploma in Multimedia Design and then enter into Year 2 of the degree programme. Students who are sure of what they want to study can go for the Diploma in Multimedia Design course. If you are still not sure, then you should go for a Foundation in Design, Foundation in Arts, Foundation in Science or an external Pre-University Programme like the A-Levels, SACEi, etc. However, Pre-University programmes do not have any design subjects hence you will find difficulty in adjusting to the degree programme and you will also need to take an extra semester of design subjects before you can start Year 1 of the design degree course.
An advantage of the diploma in multimedia design is that after 2.5 years of studying, should you not want to continue on to the degree, you can stop and find a job. Students should choose a top private university or college that has years of experience in teaching the course as well as have won many awards. The awards won are evidence that the university is good for the design course. The Diploma in Multimedia Design course should be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Many students have been confused by some design academies into taking vocational design courses that are for students with no credits or failed in SPM.
Choosing to study at the best private university or college for your diploma in multimedia design will enhance your chances of succeeding in your future career.
You might also be interested to read:
- Top 5 Universities in Malaysia for Digital Multimedia Design
- Top 3 Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for Diploma in Multimedia Design
- Malaysia’s Top Design Schools to Study Digital Multimedia
- How to Choose to Study Digital Multimedia Design at the Best Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- What are the Entry Requirements for Diploma & Degree in Multimedia Design at Malaysia’s Private Universities & Colleges
- Digital Multimedia Design Graduates – What’s the Job Demand & Work Life in Malaysia?
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Diploma in Multimedia Design at a Top Private University or College in Malaysia
The Diploma in Multimedia Design is an undergraduate professional course that prepares students in concepts of 2D, 3D, Web, Graphic, Web, Visual effects and Cinema 4D. It is a 2.5 year course that includes an internship. Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels who have a passion for design with a strong interest in multimedia should choose the best private universities & colleges in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Multimedia Design.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Multimedia Design, students may continue on to Year 2 of the following degree programmes:
- Digital Multimedia Design
- Visual Effects
- Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR)
- Game Design
Programme Objectives of the Diploma in Multimedia Design Course
- To develop independent, innovative content designers, with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions for the creative industries.
- To produce technically competent content designers with strong fundamental understanding and ability to adapt to any creative production workflow.
- To cultivate enterprising graduates with the ability to create competitive Intellectual Property to stimulate growth of the creative industry.
What are the Programme Outcomes for the Diploma in Multimedia Design Course
- Acquire and apply design principles
- Acquire the technical competence in areas of Creative Multimedia
- Adhere to guidance and directions with minimum supervision
- Integrate professionalism and commitment while working collaboratively
- Able to communicate effectively through presentation skills
- Able to solve technical problems innovatively through exploration
- Committed and motivated to self-development within the content industry
- Be an enterprising multimedia content designer
What are the Subjects in a Diploma in Multimedia Design at Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia?
Students will take about 30-35 subjects throughout the 2.5-year course. Generally, students will take about 5-7 subjects including MPU subjects a semester.
Students are required by the government to take about 3-4 MPU subjects during their diploma studies. You will need a Minimum of 90 Credits or 30 subjects to Graduate.
There are 2 long semesters and 1 short semester in an academic year.
Below are samples of some of the Diploma in Multimedia Design subjects that you will take at a private university or college. Each institution will have their own emphasis and subjects will differ from every institution.
- 3D Modelling
- Visual Communication
- Graphic Design
- Visual Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Drawing Fundamental
- Design Fundamental
- Internet Application
- Digital Photography
- Digital Storyboarding
- Creative Design
- Creative Multimedia Project
- Information Design
- Generative Audio Visual
- Digital Sound Production
- Video Production Process
- Motion Graphic Application
- Apps Design & Development
- Design Appreciation
- History of Graphic Design
- Design Principles & practices
- Basic Drawing
- Computer Graphic Design
- Communication English
- Photography & Digital imaging
- Story Board & Art Direction
- Digital Typography
- 2D Animation
- Business Communication
- Digital Illustration
- Electronic Publishing
- 3D Visualization
- Multimedia Interface Design
- Creative Thinking
- 3D Animation
- Digital Video Production
- Motion Graphic
- Design Project Management
- Web Design
Assessments for the Diploma in Multimedia Design Programme in Malaysia
A diploma course is more practical while a Foundation, external Pre-University programme and degree courses are more academic.
The assessments for a diploma programme at private universities and colleges in Malaysia is a mix of Assignments, Coursework, and written examination percentage. The diploma programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques.
Students will experience different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of a diploma programme, such as lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based project, real life system development, presentations, independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The learning is very much practical oriented.
Methods of Delivery
- Lab work (depends on the course)
- Field visits (e.g. business organisations, universities, non-governmental organisations, government-related corporations, etc.)
- Scenario-based learning
- Guest lecture series (prominent speakers from the industry and academic institutions)
- Interactive learning
What are the Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Multimedia Design Course in Malaysia?
The minimum entry requirement for the diploma programme is one of the following:
- SPM Certificate with three credits
- Senior Middle Three UEC with 3Bs
- GCE/’O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with three credits
Students who do not fulfill the entry requirements listed above can still enter into our Certificate of Creative Design course before continuing on with their diploma.
Minimum entry requirements for the Certificate in Creative Design will be as follows:
- SPM Certificate with at least one credit
- GCE/’O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with at least one credit.
Internships for Diploma in Multimedia Design Students
Internship is compulsory within the academic curricular. It is the pre-arranged programme of student attachment with companies within the industry for 3-6 months period. Students will be awarded credits for the internship. Students benefit greatly from these internship attachments as they have the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge into real life projects with the help of working professionals.
What is the Duration for the Diploma in Multimedia Design at Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia?
Generally, 2.5 years in duration including the internship. There are 3 semesters a year. Upon completion of the Diploma programme, you can either continue on to Year 2 of the Digital Multimedia or Animation degree programme or go out to work.
Taking a Pre-University programme, you must continue on to the degree as a Pre-University is not recognised for work purposes. Some courses such as culinary and design, a diploma is sufficient to join the workforce in Malaysia. Otherwise, it is advisable to continue your studies to degree level.
Is the PTPTN Loan Available for Diploma in Multimedia Design Courses?
Students whose parents are under Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia (BR1M) may get the full PTPTN Loan amount RM14,030 (Science-related Diploma) or RM 13,600 (Arts-related Diploma). This is the total loan amount for the whole course.Yes, students may apply for PTPTN Loan for diploma courses that are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Students whose parents’ combined income is not more than RM8,000 but not under BR1M will get RM10,520 (Science-related Diploma) or RM 10,200 (Arts-related Diploma).
Finally, students whose parents’ combined income is more than RM8,000 will get RM7,010 (Science-related Diploma) or RM 6,800 (Arts-related Diploma).
The details of the loan level are as below:
|No||Level||Description of Eligibility|
|1||Maximum||Student’s or parents’ names are listed as recipient of BR1M|
|2||75% from maximum loan amount||Family income lower than RM8,000 (names not listed in BR1M)|
|3||50% from maximum loan amount||Family income higher than RM8,000 (names not listed in BR1M)|
Mode of Payment Payment from PTPN will be made TWICE a year directly into the university’s account. Students must make payment of first semester’s tuition fees to the university and then apply for the PTPN Loan for it to come into effect for the second semester. Eligibility for the 2nd Payment and onwards Student must obtain GPA 2.0 and above in order to continue enjoying the loan.
PTPTN LOAN AMOUNT
|PERINGKAT PENGAJIAN UNTUK IPTS||JUMLAH PEMBIAYAAN SETAHUNMENGIKUT PERINGKAT*|
|Diploma in Multimedia Design||6,800||5,100||3,400|
How do we Apply for the PTPTN Loan for the Diploma in Multimedia Design Course?
Please note that generally, you have to pay the First Semester Fees first and then apply for the loan, which would take 2-3 months to process. The loan should be given out in time for the second semester but if it doesn’t happen in time, you have to prepare the fees for the Second Semester.Most private universities and colleges will have a special department and staff to help you to make all the necessary arrangements for the loan so you do not need to worry about it. They will brief you about it during Orientation