Entry Requirements for the Degree & Diploma in Multimedia Design at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
One of the most important questions for students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels to ask is the entry requirements for the course of interest. Design students tend not to do well academically as they are talented in creativity and are hands-on, therefore, having at least 3 credits in your SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels, you can enter the Diploma in Multimedia Design course.
The Entry Requirements for the Diploma & Degree in Digital Multimedia Design at Private Universities or Colleges in Malaysia are different from those wanting to join government universities. Students after SPM or IGCSE or O-Levels do not need to take STPM in order to study the Digital Multimedia Design degree course at private universities or colleges. With at least 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE or O-Levels, students can go for the Diploma in Multimedia Design before continuing on to the degree. You can also choose the Foundation in Design pathway.
You might also be interested to read:
- Top 5 Universities in Malaysia for Digital Multimedia Design
- Best Diploma in Multimedia Design Course at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Top 3 Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for Diploma in Multimedia Design
- Malaysia’s Top Design Schools to Study Digital Multimedia
- How to Choose to Study Digital Multimedia Design at the Best Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Digital Multimedia Design Graduates – What’s the Job Demand & Work Life in Malaysia?
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Who should study Multimedia Design in Malaysia?
It is for people who have a creative flair and the technical skills to integrate two or more types of media. You should like design, possess an artistic flair and fairly good in Mathematics as it will require some computer programming.
What you will study in Multimedia Design at a Top Private University or College in Malaysia
In a multimedia diploma or degree programme deals with the technology, design, production and delivery of multimedia products. The course should equip the student to be competent in designing, developing and utilizing multimedia.
Through a strong emphasis on ideas and concepts, visual communication theories, and hands-on rendering skills, students will be able to conceptualize, produce, promote and present ideas for multimedia material outcomes.
Multimedia Design students in Malaysia will gain the practical, creative and communication skills necessary to plan, design and construct fully interactive multimedia applications. You will also learn how to design, illustrate, manage, and produce visual communications by mastering key software applications, fundamental design principles, web content management, and graphics animation. Students will develop skills in 2D and 3D imaging and animation, digital, audio and interface design.
You will learn about multimedia production skills and design expertise required to work in the multimedia industry. Students should gain the necessary skills to create Internet content, web pages, videos, marketing collaterals, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects.
Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Multimedia Design Courses
The minimum entry requirement for the diploma in multimedia design programme is one of the following:
- Pass SPM/O-Level or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C in at least three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in at least one (1) subject; OR
- Pass in STAM with Grade Maqbul (Pass); OR
Recognised Creative Multimedia Certificate or its equivalent; OR
- Recognised related Technical and Vocational Certificate or its equivalent with one (1) year relevant work experience or one (1) semester bridging programme; OR
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least 1 credit.
Students who do not fulfill the entry requirements listed above can still enter into a Certificate of Creative Design course before continuing on with their diploma.
Minimum entry requirements for the Certificate in Creative Design will be as follows:
- SPM Certificate with at least one credit
- GCE/’O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with at least one credit.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Design
The minimum entry requirement for the foundation in design programme is one of the following:
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least 5 credits
- United Examination Certificate (UEC) with 5Bs
- IGCSE / ‘O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with five credits
What are the Entry Requirements into a Digital Multimedia Design Degree in Malaysia?
- Pass Foundation in Design
- Pass Foundation/Matriculation studies in related field from a recognised institution;* OR
* Candidates from non-related field may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two (2) subjects; OR
- Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any two (2) subjects; OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- Recognised Creative Multimedia Diploma or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50;
Education Pathway to a Digital Multimedia Design Degree in Malaysia
In order to have a successful career as a Multimedia Designer, students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels must choose to study at the best private colleges universities in Malaysia that’s accredited by MQA with years of experience and track record of winning awards.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels in any subject, students may go for the 2.5-year Diploma in Multimedia Design and then enter into Year 2 of the degree. The Diploma in Multimedia Design is more practical and focused on the particular subjects compared to Foundation or Pre-University Programme. Furthermore, students may apply for the PTPN Loan for the Diploma.
Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SACEi, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Multimedia Design degree. Students will need to submit a design portfolio and may need to take an extra semester of design subjects to enable them to handle the degree programme.
Students should choose top private universities and colleges in Malaysia for their design education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career