Study the Best Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University is acknowledged to be one of the best private universities in Malaysia to study software engineering after having won hundreds of awards in computing & information technology.
The 2-year Diploma of Information and Communications Technology with Specialism in Software Engineering combines theoretical and practical approaches, providing you with the confidence to pursue a career in this growing industry in Malaysia. The course also provides an entry pathway into Year 2 of the degree programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU).
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Study at the Best University in Malaysia for Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering.
Students after SPM need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of Information Technology (IT).
Studying at an award-winning computing university in Malaysia means that you will gain from their experience and high quality of education. When you enter the working world, you will have the knowledge to perform the job well and the necessary skills to excel.
The Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University
(APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of software engineering.
- Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support.
- An appreciation of the proven principles and techniques for the development and support of software systems in commercial organisations.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous
future changes in industry practises.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of technology in a business and organisational context, so as to respond to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Course Structure for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of this semester, students will have the opportunity to expose themselves to various terminologies and basic concepts related to technology and business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Numerical Skills
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The modules Professional Communications, Academic Research Skills and Quantitative Methods that are offered in this semester help to develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of business.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves students to advanced modules in information and communication technology related areas. Modules such as Internet Applications and Problem Solving & Programme Design using C expand students’ knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and exposing them to the idea that there is no single solution to solving a problem.
- Computer Technology
- Internet Applications
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Problem Solving & Program Design Using C
In this semester, students are exposed to more advanced concepts, skills, trends and issues in the areas of information and communication technology. The modules in this semester develop skills and capabilities in systems development and application areas which support the software development project in the final semester.
- Database & Data Structure
- Multimedia Applications
- Numerical Methods & Logic
- Operating System
- System Analysis & Design
In the final semester, students are provided with more advanced programming skills in the Java Programming and V.B.Net modules.
Introduction to Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence will bring an insight into the techniques used in the design of software and the building of knowledge based systems.
The semester culminates in the Software Development Project which integrates skills, knowledge and understanding from the full programme.
- Java Programming
- Introduction to SE
- Introduction to AI
- Software Development Project
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma at Asia Pacific University:
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
Computing & Technology Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
The UK Dual Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University
The Dual Degree Programmes are offered through a unique collaborative partnership between APU and Staffordshire University, United Kingdom, through which Staffordshire accredits undergraduate programmes that are designed and delivered by APU. On completion of the programme, students will be awarded two undergraduate degree Certificates and Transcripts: one from APU and one from Staffordshire.
The APU-Staffordshire Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the Code of Practice for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency’s (QAA).
APU’s academic programmes are all approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The Computer Science degree programme at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- Technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organization of computer systems.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies.
About Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
APU – Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
(*Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’)
Nurturing Professional for Global Careers – The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
For a full list of Asia Pacific University (APU) awards & achievements, please go to this link.
Soaring Upwards – APU awarded 5-STAR Excellent Rating at SETARA 2017
Asia Pacific University (APU) was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated at 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the SETARA 2017 Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU has maintained this Excellent Rating in the SETARA 2011, 2013 and now in 2017. SETARA 2017 5-Star Rating was presented by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia, YB Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh.
5-STARS for APU at QS Stars Rating 2017
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
QS Stars is a international rating system which allows students to better understand an institution’s qualities, looking at everything from the employability of graduates, to sports facilities and community engagement.
APU is an “Premier Digital Tech University” – MDEC
APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia, YB Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh.
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993 and Asia Pacific University College of Technology & Innovation (UCTI) in 2004, APU’s sound approach to nurturing school leavers into qualified professionals has resulted in our graduates being highly sought after by employers.
Asia Pacific University (APU) has a Truly International Community – 11,000 Students from over 110 Countries
With an international student community of more than 11,000 students from more than 110 countries studying in its Malaysian campus, APU offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead.
APU offers a wide range of degrees with Technology as a common core. It is APU’s aim to nurture and encourage innovation through our programmes, with the intention of producing individuals who will learn, adapt and think differently in new and better ways.
Strategic Location of Asia Pacific University’s campus in Kuala Lumpur
The university is strategically located in Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil. It is near condos and the Bukit Jalil LRT station. A free shuttle bus is provided for students to the LRT station and their accommodation.
Asia Pacific University (APU) has moved to a new campus which is also located at the safe Technology Park Malaysia. Technology Park Malaysia at Bukit Jalil is the ideal location for this new and contemporary Campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas such as Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Microelectronics, Engineering and Broadcasting.
TPM is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation.
The central atrium space of APU’s new campus forms the hub to the building with large communal spaces, multipurpose hall and various other facilities like the large library, computer & engineering labs, lounges and syndicate rooms. Students will enjoy a lifestyle experience through the sports and recreation facilities such as a fitness center as well as basement car parks on campus, among many other exciting facilities.
Financial Aid at Asia Pacific University (APU)
A wide range of affordable hostel accommodation is provided. Free bus shuttles are provided to and from APU and the hostel as well as the Bukit Jalil LRT station.
Scholarships at APIIT range from 30% to 100% depending on the students’ results in SPM, STPM, UEC, O-Levels, or the A-Levels. Sports Scholarships are also available for State and National Players.
Special scholarships are available for students from East Malaysia – Sabah and Sarawak, to assist them to achieve their educational goals.
APIIT and Asia Pacific University staff will advise and assist students in applying for the PTPN Loan.
“Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) works closely with EduSpiral Consultant Services in assisting a smooth transfer into our programmes for students from all over Malaysia.
Students who have joined APIIT through EduSpiral are very happy with their services and have found their online advise insightful and valuable. EduSpiral also provides guided tours to our campus and provides students with an in-depth view of the careers in IT, Business, Accounting, Banking and Finance and Engineering enabling them to make sound decisions.”
Muhammad Anis Ur Rehman
Manager, Student Services
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com