Best Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia for Design Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
These are some of the best colleges and universities for design courses in Malaysia. Students should choose the best university or college for design to study at, so that you can gain the necessary skills from experienced lecturers in a personal setting for a successful career. The best universities and colleges for design in Malaysia should have the necessary design facilities to enhance their students’ capabilities and cultivate a creative mind.
Students should take note that just because a college is famous for one design course, it doesn’t mean that it is good for all other design courses. For example, just because the college is famous for animation, it doesn’t mean that it is good for interior design and fashion design. Therefore, you should research carefully to see which design course that the college or university is best for in Malaysia. There are many types of design courses in Malaysia such as graphic design, multimedia design, animation, interior design, fashion design and more. If you are sure of which design course, you may go for the diploma. If you are not sure, then go for the Foundation in Design.
Choosing the best private college or university in Malaysia to study design is important as the best will help to develop the skills necessary for a successful career as well as equip you with sound design knowledge. Having a small class with personal attention from experienced lecturers is very important to hone your design skills. The number of awards won is also an indication of the quality of the design school in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Design & Creative Media Programmes at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Taylor’s University – The Design School at Taylor’s
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Foundation in Design
- Foundation in Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Animation & Visual Effects)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Entertainment Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (New Media)
- Bachelor in Fashion Design Technology (Hons)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Animation
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Media Arts
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Virtual Reality
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons.) Visual Effects
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Game Development)
- Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation
- Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic
- Diploma in Creative Audio
- Diploma in Creative Multimedia
- Foundation in Cinematic Arts
- Foundation in Creative Multimedia
- Saito University College
- First City University College
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Animation
- BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising
- BA (Hons) in Industrial Design
- BA (Hons) in Visual Effects
- BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology
- Bsc (Hons) In Multimedia Technology with a specialism in VR/AR
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- Foundation in Design
- Diploma in Design & Media
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
How to Choose the Best Private University or College to Study Design in Malaysia
When choosing a university or college for design, it is important to look at the portfolio of the students’ work to see if the lecturers are able to guide them to a higher standard of work. Their portfolio would reveal a lot of things regarding the lecturers experience.
In addition, the number of awards won by the students and lecturers would also indicate the level of quality achieved. If the skills of the students were not good, then they would not be able to win awards. Therefore, the higher the number of awards, it would show the standard that the university or college have achieved.
Lecturers’ experience are of great importance especially in the area of design studies. This is because they are the ones who would guide and teach you on improving your design techniques. Make sure you visit the college and university and talk to some of their lecturers and check out their qualifications and work.
Facilities should be adequate for design students to use so that they can adapt to the conditions of the working world. Visit the universities to check out the Design studios, computers, Mac Labs, design software, and other design related facilities.
A solid internship programme with top companies can prepare and equip you with real world skills. They provide you with opportunities to apply and practice your skills. These will enhance your employability.
Finally, keep in mind that certain colleges are famous for particular design courses and may not be the best for ALL design courses. For example, a college may be famous for animation and multimedia but sometimes students make the wrong assumption that the college would be good for interior design as well.
This may not be the case, therefore, it is important to objectively look at the above mentioned criteria and assess the college or university’s capabilities in that particular design course.
The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the graphic design programme, strong student support services, internships and experienced lecturers.
They are also accredited by MQA and approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. The best private university or college in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular courses, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment, internships, good mix of international & local students, extra-curricular activities and good facilities.
When choosing a university and college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you. Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there about the courses and check if the courses have been accredited by MQA.