What questions to ask the counselors at the college or university during their Open Days
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Choosing a college or university can be confusing and even stressful with so many out there. There are about 500 private colleges
and universities out there and it is important to choose the right one.Therefore, after selecting the ones that you are most interested in, to visit their campus Open Day. While you are there, make sure you take a campus tour and look at the facilities, talk to their lecturers and current students, and also see if the “culture” of the college fits your personality.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Ask the Right Questions So that you Can get the Right Information to Make the Right Choice
- Is the course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)? Or Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
for engineering or Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) or Pharmacy Board etc.
- What are the qualifications of your lecturers? What is their experience? How many years of experience?
- What are the facilities for my particular course? Any sports facilities?
- What are the equipment relevant to my course?
- How much are the tuition fees? Do they include the other fees such as exam, facilities, extra-curricular, etc?
- Can I apply for the PTPTN loan? How much can I apply for?
- Are hostels provided? How much? What are the facilities?
- Do you assist with off-campus accommodation?
- When is the next intake?
- What are the unique selling points and strong points about the course you are offering?
- What are the job prospects for this course? Do you assist with job placements after graduation?
- How many students do you have taking this course? Will you open the class if there is not enough students?
- What are the subjects that are offered in this course?
- How many have graduated from the course? What is the graduation rate?
- What is the starting salary? What is the evidence to show the job prospects for this course?
16. Have the students or university won any relevant awards related to my course?
- Is there a bus stop nearby or LRT station?
- Are there restaurants and food courts near the university? Banks and ATMS?
- Are there shopping malls or supermarkets near the university?
- How long has the university been around? How long have you offered this course?
Need Help in Choosing the Right University?
As you can see, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration before choosing a university.
The university would be training you and providing you with the necessary knowledge and skills so that you can get a good job and perform well for a successful future.
If you choose the wrong university, it would hamper your chances for a successful future.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has more than 15 years in the education industry providing advise to thousands of students in helping them to choose the right course and university.
We pick students up at KL Sentral to take them to tour our partner universities’ campuses so that they have a good idea of the location and the facilities offered.
We provide information on the courses that are supported by statistics and evidence so that our students can make the right choices knowing that what they decide has been validated.
We have also worked in some of the universities and with our experience, we have inside knowledge of the universities thus being able to provide you insights into the universities.
If you need our assistance, please feel free to contact us. There is no charge for our services.
How to Choose the Right Course to Study in Malaysia after SPM?
It can be confusing to choose the right course after SPM in Malaysia. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, you need to consider the following:
- Look at your results – what are your best & worst subjects, and which subjects are your favourite?
- What are your interests & hobbies?
- What is your passion?
- Job demand for the career of choice. There is no point in choosing a course out of passion and then graduate to find out that you cannot get a job in that field.
- Salary of the career of choice
- Discuss the budget for your studies with your parents. There is no point in choosing a course like Pharmacy or Medicine, if you cannot afford it.
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Studies
in finding out who you are and what you are good at. An experienced Education Advisor would be invaluable in assisting you to choose the right course in Malaysia or Singapore.
Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results
to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.