Top Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia for Design Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
These are some of the best colleges and universities for design courses in Malaysia. Students should choose the best university or college for design to study at, so that you can gain the necessary skills from experienced lecturers in a personal setting for a successful career. The best universities and colleges for design in Malaysia should have the necessary design facilities to enhance their students’ capabilities and cultivate a creative mind.
Students should take note that just because a college is famous for one design course, it doesn’t mean that it is good for all other design courses. For example, just because the college is famous for animation, it doesn’t mean that it is good for interior design and fashion design. Therefore, you should research carefully to see which design course that the college or university is best for in Malaysia. There are many types of design courses in Malaysia such as graphic design, multimedia design, animation, interior design, fashion design and more. If you are sure of which design course, you may go for the diploma. If you are not sure, then go for the Foundation in Design.
Choosing the best private college or university in Malaysia to study design is important as the best will help to develop the skills necessary for a successful career as well as equip you with sound design knowledge. Having a small class with personal attention from experienced lecturers is very important to hone your design skills. The number of awards won is also an indication of the quality of the design school in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Design & Creative Media Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Taylor’s University – The Design School at Taylor’s
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Foundation in Design
- Foundation in Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Animation & Visual Effects)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Entertainment Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (New Media)
- Bachelor in Fashion Design Technology (Hons)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Animation
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Media Arts
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Virtual Reality
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons.) Visual Effects
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Game Development)
- Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation
- Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic
- Diploma in Creative Audio
- Diploma in Creative Multimedia
- Foundation in Cinematic Arts
- Foundation in Creative Multimedia
- Saito University College
- First City University College
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Animation
- BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising
- BA (Hons) in Industrial Design
- BA (Hons) in Visual Effects
- BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology
- Bsc (Hons) In Multimedia Technology with a specialism in VR/AR
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- Foundation in Design
- Diploma in Design & Media
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
How to Choose the Best Private University or College to Study Design in Malaysia
The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the graphic design programme, strong student support services, internships and experienced lecturers.
They are also accredited by MQA and approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. The best private university or college in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular courses, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university), internships, good mix of international & local students, extra-curricular activities and good facilities. The SETARA ranking is a guide for students to assess the quality of a private university in Malaysia.
When choosing a university and college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you. Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there about the courses and check if the courses have been accredited by MQA.
The environment should be one where students speak mostly in English so that you can
improve your English and communication skills. If you are weak in English and choose a cheap university where the students speak mainly in Mandarin, it will be difficult for you to improve your English.
Star newspaper has reported that graduates with good English earn 25% higher salary and get faster promotion. The Ministry of Education reported that there were more than 70,000 public university jobless graduates and one of the main reasons was poor command of the English language. The decisions that you make now, can change your life forever. Remember the best university doesn’t mean it is the best university for you. The best university is one that fits your career goals, your personality and can push you to a higher level of success.
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia:
- Diploma and degrees offered
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Accreditation by MQA and other relevant professional bodies in Malaysia
- Type of programme (local degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- Entry requirements (Branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- Location of the university
- Size of the student population
- Student culture (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
- Costs (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- Financial assistance (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
Campus resources (labs, libraries, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- Internship and co-op programs
- Class size (Small class size for personal attention)
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Safety (campus, community)
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- Extra-curricular activities (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Housing options (on-campus, off-campus apartments)
- Student support services
- Intake dates
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Studies
Choosing a course to study after SPM is not a science, it is a process. Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.